Wow, Guys I'm 25.. Can you believe it?! because I can't. This is the first year I actually feel older. Don't get me wrong 25 is by no means old (Even though I use to think it was). It just amazes me that I was totally wrong about what I thought I would have accomplished by now, yet I've grown so much in my adult years. 25 is a milestone for me and such a special year. I don't know what happened but I feel as if I can rule the world- and I will.
Here are 25 life lessons that I'd like to share that I would like to share.
1. Don't hate on nobody. Don't wait on nobody. Okay, so technically this is two rules in one, but oh well. I saw this quote on Instagram and I loved it every since. Your time is coming and if you're too busy envying others you just might miss your blessing that is right in front of you. And oh yeah.. Don't wait on nobody for NOTHING. If you keep sitting around waiting on things to handed to you, you're sitting on the sidelines in your own life.
2. It's okay for things to come to an end. If you're anything like me, you often find yourself forcing situations to work out. If you're afraid to let things go, remember some endings lead to beautiful beginnings
3. Call your friends and family. They miss you.
4. Today creates tomorrow. Stop putting ish off. It'll never get done. What you do today will show tomorrow, so do it now!
5. Take care of yourself. Mentally, Physically, Spiritually.. All that
6. It's okay to say no. And you don't have to explain yourself if you don't want to. No means no PERIOD.
7. Love will come. Now to be honest, the "L" word is something I struggle with, but I've finally come to peace that it will come at the right time. Be patient your prince charming is on the way...but we have to stop entertaining those darn frogs.
8. Manifesting is REAL. I never believed in the power of manifesting until I saw it happen in my own life with my own eyes. Let me tell you honey, it is real! Speak the life you want to have into existence.
9. Balance saving and splurging. Now I've always been pretty good with handling my coins but I'm finding the balance between saving and treating myself. Don't let no one tell you that you can't have it all. You can save, vacation, pay off debt, and pay your bills. Everything can done with proper planning and a little hustle.
10. You're the shit.. Act like it. This is self explanatory, never downplay how great you are (sorry mommy if you're reading).
11. Business is Business. Don't take it personal
12. Closed mouths don't get fed. Open your mouth and say what you want, ask the questions you need.
13. Support the people who support you. Don't focus on the people who aren't supporting you. Don't beg them. Focus on the people who are. They're are so many people watching you.. So many people who believe in your story. Just keep going.
15 Meditation, prayer, cleaning, exercising is self care. not manis, pedis, spas, and brunch.
16. Get those deposits UPFRONT. Tell them folks to run you your money lol
17. Someone is looking up to you. Sometimes the light you shine isn't just for you. Lead the way and be a positive role model.
18. Sometimes you're going to be alone. and that's okay..
19. Happiness comes from within. Keep that in mind during the times you only have yourself.
20. Network! Network! Network!- Take advantage of every opportunity that presents itself. You never know where it may lead you.
21. Discipline is key. Discipline is what's going to take you to the next year.. Get some! Always do what you need to do, not what you want to do.
22. Big risk, big reward. You'll never be 100% ready. Do it now!
23.Organization is important. It took me 25 years to learn this but, CLEAN YOUR DARN ROOM/HOUSE. You need order in your life.
24. Be grateful, not complacent. - Be grateful, remain humble. But still keep working.
25. Some people don't deserve you.. Everyone doesn't deserve to be apart of your life.. Add and subtract the accordingly.